Due to the Kitsap County Health Department directive for wearing masks in public indoor spaces, we are once again asking everyone 5 years or older to please wear a face covering when you are coming and going from the Club AND while you are on deck in the pool area. Thank you so much for helping Kitsap County to get over this Covid-19 hump in the road. We hope that you and your family are all doing okay.
As the state opens up more on July 5th, things will change for us too. Some things we have gotten used to will stay the same but things from before Covid-19 will be back.
- No more reservations needed & no volunteers! (You must spray after yourself)
- You will need your key card. If it is not working, did you pay on time? (Payment received no later than the last Thursday of the month, for the next month)
- We will be allowing guests again ($3 per guest with 6 guests allowed per day per membership)
- Re-learn how to share our little pool again
- Do not take forever in the dressing rooms (Check the signs on the door and respect family use)
- Water Aerobics Classes will go back to their pre-Covid-19 times (Mon-Thur 8:30-9:30am and 9:30-10:30am)
- You will see more swim lessons happening starting July 12th
- Come September, we hope to start up our Hall rentals and Pool rentals
If you should get to the pool and there are a lot of people already there and you do not feel comfortable, you will need to make the personal decision to come back at another time. Again, please remember not all of us are going to be comfortable being close to each other so talk to each other and be sure everyone is comfortable and having a good time.
Parkwood pool is a family size pool. It is only five feet deep at the deepest end and three feet at the shallow end. It is about 1/2 the length of a regulation pool. We have installed up-to-date water purification and filtering systems. The pool is regularly inspected by the state and passes all tests and standards with very high marks. The temperature is kept at approximately 87 degrees Fahrenheit.
Except for aerobic sessions and special community events as approved by the Board of Trustees, the use of the pool is limited to only PCC members and their guests. Members and guests must sign in whenever they are on the pool deck or in the pool in order to activate our liability insurance.
Guests are anyone not listed on the Membership Agreement. Every guest must pay $3.00, which is a very reasonable fee for access to the pool. There is a limit of 6 guests per paying membership per visit.
All pool users must rinse their hair before entering the pool, no matter what length. This helps us keep our pool chemicals balanced.
Pool hours are Mon-Sat 5:00am - 8:45pm (out of building by 9:00pm) and Sun 5:00am - 6:45pm (out of building by 7:00pm).
Pool closures will be posted on the website and scheduled in advance. We typically close for several weeks each May depending on how much work needs to be completed (due to Covid-19 it is tentatively planned for mid-September 2021). Unscheduled pool or hall closures due to emergent conditions will be posted on the website and at the pool entrance.
The PCC pool is very well maintained, kept clean, and safe for community use. We make the pool available to local Boy Scouts and Fire Fighters with prior Board approval.
Members may rent the pool for private parties for 2-hours during approved hours (before 6:00pm) for $75.00.